2020 APSCC Awards
Recognition. Exposure. Celebration.
As a collective voice representing the satellite industry, APSCC has made a considerable effort to bring the various entities in the satellite and space community together for communication and cooperation. Each year, APSCC recognizes outstanding organizations and individuals through the APSCC Awards to honor them for their collaboration, guidance and support in helping APSCC reach its mission as well as for their contribution to the industry.
Satellite Executive of the Year in Asia-Pacific Award
The APSCC Satellite Executive of the Year in Asia-Pacific Award aims to uncover and celebrate high-level executives who demonstrate excellence and visionary leadership in the growth of the satellite and space industry in the region. Past recipients include some of the industry’s most brilliant entrepreneurs, inventors, and leaders.
Satellite Executive of the Year in Asia-Pacific Award Winners (2015 – 2019)
- 2019 Christian Patouraux, CEO & Founder, Kacific (Singapore)
- 2018 Bogi Witjaksono, President Director, PATRAKOM (Indonesia)
- 2017 CHENG, Guangren, Executive Director& President, APT Satellite (Hong Kong)
- 2016 Pierre-Jean Beylier, CEO, SpeedCast (Hong Kong)
- 2015 Samer Halawi, CEO, Thuraya (UAE)
Lifetime Achievement Award
The APSCC Lifetime Achievement Award honors individuals who have not only made an outstanding contribution to the satellite and space community but also a lifetime commitment and lasting input to the growth and advancement of the industry.
Lifetime Achievement Award Winners (2015 – 2019)
- 2019 Ted McFarland (USA)
- 2018 Adi Adiwoso, President & CEO, Pasifik Satelit Nusantara (Indonesia)
- 2017 Shinji Takada, President & CEO, SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation (Japan)
- 2016 Richard Bowles (Singapore)
- 2015 Yutaka Nagai (Japan)
Young Talent Award
The APSCC Young Talent Award is part of APSCC’s efforts to ensure a healthy future for the satellite industry and to attract and retain young talent to the satellite and space industries in the Asia-Pacific region. The Award is presented to give the best of the young staff encouragement and public recognition of their contributions to the Asia-Pacific satellite and space community. To give the best of the young staff encouragement and public recognition of their contributions, one of the winners each year receives full scholarship, sponsored by the International Space University, to the 2020 Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Program.
Winners of 2019 APSCC Young Talent Awards
- Jamie Rose Sy, Engineer, SES (Singapore)
- Angga Risnando, Strategic Business Development Officer, TELKOMSAT (Indonesia)
- Ibnu Rusydi Sudirman, Bus & TTC Engineer, Pasifik Satelit Nusantara (Indonesia)
- Vinothan Nadarah, Business Development & Strategic Planning, MEASAT (Malaysia)